Bob Alcorn Awards
** Granted in recognition of outstanding service to deaf people and TSID. **
- Fran Herrington-Borre
- Lillian Beard
- Brian Kilpatrick
The eligibility criteria, which all candidates must meet to qualify for consideration, are as follows:
- Must serve as a role model for people in the field of interpreting; demonstrating that they are an ally of Deaf people, teaching, mentoring and/or having developed instructional materials for ASL, and/or interpreter training.
- Must be one who respects people from all walks of life, regardless of their ability to hear, race, economic status, etc. He/she encourages students/people to grow to their maximum potential.
- Must be a Deaf Rights advocate, a staunch proponent of ASL and Deaf Culture. This can be demonstrated in his/her teaching, interpreting and advocating.
- Must currently be or have been a Texas resident, and has contributed to the field of interpreting or deafness in a significant way, in the state of Texas.
- Must be a current TSID member.