If you have questions, send email to email@example.com
Provide RID CEUs
Request RID CEUs
- Choose the course you want to attend at an accredited college or university. The course does not have to pertain strictly to interpreting... it can be a course in Linguistics, Business, Psychology, Social Work, etc. As long as the course is educationally beneficial to you as an interpreter, it can earn CEUs for you!
- Contact TSID (firstname.lastname@example.org) to secure an agreement to process the paperwork for the course. Be sure to discuss the Content Area for which you are applying (Professional Studies or General Studies) and how many CEUs will be earned. The standard formula for determining the number of CEUs per course is as follows:
- 1.5 CEUs per credit hour for a course taken in a semester session.
- 1.0 CEUs per credit hour for a course taken in a quarter session.
- Complete the Academic Coursework Activity Report form (PDF - Word). Attach pertinent documentation such as a course outline and/or documentation that college/university is accredited through the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Upon completion of the course, attach a copy of the transcript showing successful completion of the course with a grade of C of higher (2.0).
- Return the form and documentation to TSID, who will send the completed paperwork to the National Office.
Please Note: Academic Coursework can be processed for CEUs after the course has actually been completed. However, the course work must have been taken during the CMP participantís current cycle.
- Decide the activity for which you want to earn CEUs. Keep in mind that the Independent Study will require you to answer questions such as What and Why you want to do the activity? What are your specific goals? How will you accomplish these goals? How will you show what you have learned? How much time will the activity involve?
- Contact TSID (email@example.com) to discuss your ideas, CEUs (a maximum of 2.0 CEUs can be awarded for each Independent Study), and to process your paperwork. Complete the Independent Study Plan form (PDF - Word), then sign and return it to TSID. (You may only begin work on your Independent Study once TSID approves and signs-off on the Independent Study Plan!)
- Document your time and efforts throughout the activity. At the completion of the Independent Study, send TSID your report, documentation and other information pertinent to the activity that you noted in your Activity Plan. TSID reviews the documentation to ensure that it meets the standards and goals agreed upon in the Activity Plan, and if so, will send the appropriate paperwork to the National Office.
Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA)
- Choose the activity/conference you want to attend. The activity/conference does not have to pertain strictly to interpreting. It can be a regional or national conference of another profession or could be a formal in-service training by an employer. As long as the activity is educationally beneficial to you as an interpreter, it can earn CEUs for you!
- Contact TSID (firstname.lastname@example.org) and secure an agreement to process the paperwork for the activity/conference. Be sure to discuss the Content Area for which you are applying (Professional Studies or General Studies). How many CEUs will be earned? (1 CEU = 10 contact hours)
- Complete the Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities form (PDF - Word). Attach pertinent documentation such as an agenda or program book. Return form and documentation to TSID who will keep the form until your activity is completed. This form must be sent to TSID before the activity begins!!
- Upon completion of the activity, attain a certificate of attendance or documentation such as an agenda or program book signed by the presenter or organizer as proof of your attendance. Send documentation to TSID.