Jonnie Duncan Student Trust Fund
** Trust funds are administered by the TSID Trust Funds Committee. **
perpetual fund named for the lifetime member who dedicated her life to interpreting students.
Scholarship recipients will receive (1) a waived student registration, and (2) monetary funds as available in the Jonnie Duncan trust fund account. Scholarship recipients for other events will receive (1) money to cover the cost of registration, and (2) other monetary funds as available in the Jonnie Duncan trust fund account.
The eligibility requirements, which all applicants must meet to qualify for consideration, are as follows:
- Must be a current member of TSID.
- Must be currently enrolled in a program to train interpreters.
- May not be certified at a level higher than Texas BEI Level I or Basic.
- Must submit the following to TSID scholarship committee at least sixty (60) days prior to the early bird registration date of the event:
- a completed online application form
- a copy of your TSID membership card
- two (2) completed recommendation forms [one (1) from an instructor, one (1) from an interpreter in the field]
- a brief statement on financial need
View entire Scholarship Policy and student responsibilities.